First and foremost, this post title is a shout out to one of my favorite movies ever. If you haven’t seen it, you should. Nothing like little Thora Birch and Christina Ricci singing “Knock Three Times” on bikes that probably have banana seats. So much love for that movie.
So what’s this really about? It’s about me having too much fun looking at old postings of mine. I know I’d have one of those questionnaires out there that really took hold in the era of MySpace but since that has been erased…I did find one as an old, old Facebook note, from nearly five years ago. I’m sure if I kept digging I could find something on Xanga, or even better, Diaryland. This will do for now. Just for kicks and giggles – I’m going to fill this out in present time too (just for scientific comparison, certainly not because I would think it would be any fun.) I also vow to not change any of my grammar/punctuation/phrasing. Gosh help us.
50 (yes fifty!!) things you’ve never been asked….
1. What color is your toothbrush?
Then: Light blue. I think.
Now: Orange (I know)
2. Name one person who made you smile today:
Then: Chris Law.
Now: Alex Ash (thanks for the #sns YouTube video)
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Then: Waking up…damn sun
Now: Had been working for over an hour
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Then: Napping =)
Now: Was still working…gee it seems like I’m not getting as much sleep as I used to. This work thing must be getting in the way.
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
Then: Hershey’s Cookies and Cream
Now: This could still be true, but I’m more in favor of anything salted caramel…is there a solted caramel candy bar out there?
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
Now: “I still didn’t clean-up the kitchen yet, sorry”
8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Then: chocolate chip cookie dough.
Now: Moose tracks
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Then: whiskey sour, at dinner.
Now: Glass of water, oh the hydration. And note to former self-I can’t even remember the last time I had one of those.
10. Do you like your wallet?
Then: I do!
Now: Actually no. Right now my “wallet” is a clutch and nothing is sorted.
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Then: (i’ve been asked this before) fries.
Now: Cottage cheese – what does “(i’ve been asked this before)” even mean, former self?!
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Then: No, but I have acquired a free shirt and hat from volunteering at the track meet
Now: Yes, and just in time, new wintery-weather boots
13. The last sporting event you watched?
Then: Division III Track Championship!
Now: The BCS Championship Bowl. So tired of football.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Now: Still all about the Homestyle
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
Now: Shannon Allen
16. Ever go camping?
Now: On rare occasion
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
Then: no, but i should…
Now: I would say more like, weekly
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
Then: No, but I’d like to
Now: “ “
19. Do you have a tan?
Then: Kind of, I’m burnt and hopefully it’ll turn into a tan.
Now: Not even a little bit. Embracing the pale.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Now: Still an affirmative
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
Then: I don’t really drink pop.
Now: Still don’t really drink pop
22. What did your last text message say?
Then: ok =)
Now: Eiii! Thank you!! Perfect cat eyes, here I come!!
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Then: driving home to tburg.
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
Then: my cell, perfume, and a check from the Y
Now: My cell phone on the couch next to me, I must like to have it on the left…
26. What color is your watch?
Now: Different watch, still white
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
29. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Then: I prefer drive through, but if it’s busy, I totally go in.
Now: Drive thru – though hopefully I’m not going to any fast food anytime soon.
30. What is your favorite number?
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
Then: Shannon Mc
32. Any plans today?
Then: ummm, hangin with Sarah and Mike, then ???
Now: Avoiding the freezing cold
33. How many states have you lived in?
Now: Still one
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
Then: people taking a long time to get ready.
Now: People talking crap about new people being at their gym or classes
35. Last song listened to?
Then: Paranoid Andriod, radiohead.
Now: Comeback Kid – Sleigh Bells
36.Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Then: yes, slowly
Now: I think I still can…
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
Now: Still nope
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Then: my leopard print birks.
Now: Studded black loafers – I really miss those birkenstocks!
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Now: Envy is not a positive emotion and not one I’m welcoming into my life right now.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
Then: doubt it
Now: This is a really weird question. Are we stretching to ask 50 questions? Seems like it.
41. Do you love anyone?
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Now: Yes – and it’s socially acceptable too.
And ladies and gentlemen, there it ends. With no trace of why only 42 answered questions instead of the 50 initially promised…guess I always keep them guessing.
This makes me want to pull out my old Radiohead albums and rock out. I was in a good place in 2009 but I’m even happier with where I am now – despite the apparent less sleep I’m getting. I may be a grown-up now but I’m having a really great time doing it.