Happy Friday! It’s safe to say this week has flown by. Three of the the five days were dedicated to happy hours, one to laundry, and tonight will be yoga, hot yoga. (That’s right Prana Bodhi, I’m coming!) This weekend sounds like fun but exhausting fun. Tonight I will lay low after yoga, read my marketing, and drink lots of water. Tomorrow is the St. Malachi 5-mile, I’m so excited: weather pending. My positive attitude is liable to change dramatically in opposite correlation to the snowfall. I am going to run the 5-mile but I’m going to be kind to myself. If I need to walk up a hill, so be it. I need a badass playlist- what are some of your favorite, pump-me-up songs? It’s amazing how you can be about to walk, make a deal with yourself to start running again at the next mailbox, and then Ke$ha’s Crazy/Beautiful Life comes on and all of a sudden you’re still running, your form picks up, and you’re just lost in the music again.
One of my favorite arenas of stuff is the world of office supplies. My affinity for stationery is unprecedented. I love colored tabs, post-its of all sizes, sharpie pens, notebooks, list pads with magnets on the back, and vibrant paperclips. So, of course, I have a pinterest board dedicated to this love, aptly titled “Gangsta Desk Supplies.” Often when I walk into the office at ungodly hours of the morning I imagine myself walking in slow-mo, like in Office Space, with “Damn it feels good to be a gangsta” playing in the background.
Here are my top five dream office supplies, thanks Pinterest, for always letting me dream big.
1. Glittery push pins- this might be when glitter in the office is okay!
2. Colorful wastebaskets- just because trash goes in, doesn’t mean it has look bad on the outside. I’m in love with the green on with chevrons!!
3. I’ve never had bookends before but I’m absolutely enamored with this Jonathan Adler whale bookend set.
4. I love birds as decorations (Put a bird on from Portlandia is just one of my favorite skits…so understandable!) Naturally, these magnetic birds that held keep your desk tidy by creating a nest of paperclips is totes adorbs (promise I don’t say that in real life.) I’m also thinking this would be a great way to store bobby pins.
5. “We need to talk notes”- these are just perfect. I think they’re very comprehensive.
(Image sources are hyper-linked on the picture)
Do you love these as much as I do? What department has your guilty pleasure items?